Date: 24 Jul 2018
Team of 10 get nominated for 2018 European Championships
A total of 10 athletes have been named for the European Championships in Berlin, Germany from August 6-12.
Double world indoor medallist Muir was initially selected for both the women’s 800m and 1,500m events in Berlin but having suffered irritation to her Achilles following the Müller Anniversary Games, she took the decision on Monday night to focus on the 1,500m only.
Double European Champion Greg Rutherford decided to not compete in Berlin due to ongoing issues with his ankle. He will be competing next at the Birmingham Diamond League on Aug, 18.
Following all selected athletes for the European Championships:
- Laura Muir (GBR) – 1,500m
- Tatjana Pinto (GER) – 100m & 4×100 Relay
- Jodie Williams (GBR) – 200m
- Diana Sujew (GER) – 1,500m
- Daryll Neita (GBR) – 100m & 4×100 Relay
- Jemma Reekie (GBR) – 1,500m
- Shannon Hilton (GBR) – 4×100 Relay
- Chijindu Ujah (GBR) – 100m & 4×100 Relay
- Marc Reuther (GER) – 800m
- Ojie Edoburun (GBR) – 4×100 Relay
Laura Muir impresses with her race at the ISTAF Meeting in Germany, with a time of 3:57.40 minutes she sets a new…Read More
The British runners Laura Muir and Jemma Reekie can be very proud of their results after a successful weekend. Both secured their…Read More
Tatjana Pinto impressed with her third German title over 100 meters and ran the second fastest time of her career. With a time…Read More